A rite of passage for the majority of students, the internship also enables the happiness to create its first publications.
The internship report must relate the professional experience gained during the business internship or in a public administration. This exercise, important in each curriculum and often noted, is personal work which must reveal the passage from student status to that of having a professional future. The success of a report comes through good information gathering during the internship, a design complying with the codes established and a polished execution.
They are very important, for more than one reason.
- For your school, the report allows your professors to evaluate you on an exercise with inescapable and collective style.
- For the host company, it is a working document, reference, which will serve to those who will continue your mission.
- For you, this is the M moment to lay out your skills, to refine your professional project and to be able to hold a useful document during a future job interview.
During the internship
One should not design and prepare its report at the last moment, by just recalling some memories.
To be able to write, take photos and store documents in any situation you will be fitted with a notebook, or a dedicated booklet, a tablet or smartphone and a pouch.
Recording your daily work and actions in a journal will allow you to save time during the drafting phase with specific and complete elements such as dates, all sorted in chronological order.
Before the end of the internship
Well before the end of the internship, schedule a review meeting with your tutor. It is the right time to be able to do go over the mission being achieved in the company and to validate the choice of documents and pictures to include in the report (authorization of dissemination).
After the internship, the design of the report
This is it, the internship is completed, we can breathe a little bit and get to the report itself. Typically, your report will be composed of the following parts, a minima:
- 1. the cover
- 2. the thanks
- 3. the summary
- 4. the introduction
- 5. the development
- 6. the conclusion
- 7. the annexes
It will be possible, depending on the subject or type of internship, to find among other parties, namely:
- 3a the summary
- 3b the list of figures
- 3c the list of tables
- 3d the glossary
- 6a the bibliography
- 7a self-evaluation
Of course, consider the guidelines laid down by your school and your tutor of internship for the structuring of this writing.
The different parts of the internship report
Careful, the retyping or recopying of excerpts of old reports of courses, available in the office or in your school is dangerous. Indeed, the information may no longer be up to date and may prove to be inaccurate. A personal work will necessarily be appreciated and will always be better than plagiarism, even partial.
To give a good impression before the reading of your report, the coverage must be attractive by its visual appearance and the elements that comprise it. It must contain the following items:
- your name and first name
- the mention “Internship Report”
- the title of the course or the title of the post
- the complete period
- the name and address of the company
- the name and address of your school or university
- the name of your master of internship
- the type of internship
- the diploma being prepared
- the year of the Tuition
- the logo of the host company and of your school
- the possible confidentiality notice